The Wild Kitchen
Wild Garlic Falafel:
Ingredients: Wild garlic, dried chick peas, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, salt. (Optional: fresh chilli, fresh tumeric).
1. Soak 200 grams of dried chickpeas in water overnight. Cook them by simmering gently in clean water until they are soft to eat; 1-3 hours.
Drain them & dry well.
2. Toast 3 teaspoons of cumin & coriander seeds in frying pan to intensify their flavour. Grind or crush them up and tip them into the chickpeas.
4. Measure out 100gms of clean wild garlic that has been roughly chopped and blitz in an electric mixer.
5. Add the chickpeas & spices & a spoon of salt into the mixer with the garlic.* Whizz until moist, sticky crumbs. *(At this point you can add tumeric or chilli).
6. Finally, weigh out 45 gram spoons of the mix & roll these into spheres; falafel balls. Leave these to set in the fridge for an hour or two.
7. Deep fry the falafels in oil or cook in the oven. These are traditionally eaten with tahini sauce in pita bread.
Original recipe from: Lucia Stuart