*Hi Lucia, I hope Bernie told you yesterday how much we all enjoyed our day on Saturday. We loved eating our foraged mussels and oysters and I made the most delicious horseradish sauce for our beef wellington for dinner.best wishes, Joanna Thomson October 2018
* I just wanted to drop you a line to thank you again for such wonderful day. I learnt such a lot and really appreciated your enthusiasm and knowledge. Thank you also for one of the most fantastic meals I've had in years. My personal favourites were the nettle soup, chick pea salad and elderflower cream. I also adored the oak leaf volka! I returned home to make my seaweed crisps, marjoram chicken, fennel potato salad and sea cabbage, all of which were delicious. Please do let me know if you are planning any future kitchen suppers. I would love to continue our conversation about foraging and sustainable eating. With warmest regards. Sue"
* Our afternoon with you was an absolute delight – eye-opening, fun - and delicious too! Warmly, Rajesh
* We just wanted to tell you how much we enjoyed Saturday. The food was delicious and the foraging fascinating. We also met some delightful people. Thank you for a lovely day and we will certainly hope to join another group in the future. Best wishes Jan and Steve Brown xx" Sept 2018
We had a lovely time, thank you. I was amazed by how you'd combined all the foraged items into a really wonderful menu - bravo! Lovely to meet you. Joe Pitts-cunningham. May 2018
Hi Lucia, Just a quick email to say thank you so much for working so hard to help make Anna's hen do weekend such a success. We had a lovely time foraging with you, Nick and Giles and really enjoyed our lunch and cocktails served by Tracy too. The lovely decorations didn't go unnoticed either! Full steam ahead to the wedding in June now!
Thanks once again and please do pass on our thanks to the others. With very best wishes, Alison" April 2018
Hi Lucia, Thank you so much for the Wild Kitchen Experience, we all loved it, you all worked so hard to ensure we all had a wonderful time, the food was gorgeous, you all were such lovely, interesting people and knowledgeable.Best regards, Debbie (Lipman-Collins) January 2018
"It's been a magical afternoon and the best way to discover the region." Coralie Grassin Teatime in Wonderland blogger
"I know I speak for all of our guys when I say we bloody loved it too. We'll definitely be recommending your foraging tours to friends and industry people! (Andy, Climpson & Sons, London)
"It seemed like a weeks holiday rolled into a long afternoon, with the most fantastic rolling banquet”. Daniel (Quo Vadis Restaurant Group
"Sarah and I both had a really fun and enjoyable day on the Spring Leaves Wild Forage. The format of the day was excellent and the two sites chosen for foraging were beautiful. Thank you for the brilliant cooking; it was really great to be able to sample some of the items we foraged for. We enjoyed your company and that of our fellow foragers! Perhaps see you on another forage in the future and we hope the Wild Kitchen is really successful!"
* Thank you so much Lucia. Marie and I had such a wonderful time and have been telling all our friends. I think my mum wants to do a day now and also a few friends so I have passed on your details!
"I cooked seaweed pizza (totally yummy), seaweed buns, seaweed fritters and seaweed crisps (I stored some and it's delicious- both types: the light green one and the purplish one). Everyone very impressed” LEO BOIX.
Thank you for making our Sunday such fun, Stan and I found the day really interesting and informative and the lunch and cocktails were brilliant! Best wishes Sally
"Thank you for the opportunity to spend the afternoon with you and the rest of the guests on the beach. It was a really lovely way to spend time and was so exciting to be able to explore the shore line for shell fish and other treats. Will certainly recommend to others and maybe will see you on the beach when I venture out on my own as a forager. Regards Matthew Tyrrell"
" Thank you very much to you and your team for a delicious lunch yesterday. Dave and I thoroughly enjoyed our day with you.I found myself looking in the hedgerows in a different light on my dog walk this morning! Best Wishes Julie”.
- Thank you so much for your foraging talk on Monday. The members were delighted with it and felt we'd learnt lots. We enjoyed the samples at the end as well. Thank you a great success. We talked about the seaweed forage and there was lots of interest. (Sue Lamoon, Kingsdown Gardening Society)
- The day was beautiful and I have enjoyed it to the Max. Hopefully i can join again for one of your trips soon. All the very best. (Johannes Aug 2015)
- A huge thank you from us here at Quo Vadis for such a wonderful day out yesterday. It was so interesting, educational, fun & delicious and I feel sure that everyone had a wonderful day. Ellie.
- Dear Lucia Thank you for a wonderful forage and such excellent cooking. I had some wilted sea aster last night which I did instead of spinach and it was wonderful. Kim.
- Many thanks for yesterday and providing such lovely food and hospitality. Both Dan and myself were very impressed with your knowledge and skills, so well done you. I am going to cook tonight a samphire risotto together with blite fritters for my veggie wife and daughter and possibly throw in some shrimps for the non veggies. I shall convert them over to sea shore veg for sure. It does now however mean that I have to hunt out and make more trips to the seaside to get my materials--- that cannot be a bad thing even if I do live in the furthest town from the coast. It will make me the only seashore forager in the village. Regards, Paul.
- Thanks for the menu and thanks again for Saturday we had a truly amazing time. Oysters for breakfast yesterday and then our body weight in mussels for dinner! All the best, Catlin & Max xx
- Dear Lucia, Thanks again for putting together a wonderful programme for us. it was very educational and I am positive that some of the other gentlemen who are based in the South East will promote the wild kitchen among church friends. Everybody returned home with good memories.
- Thank you for an excellent afternoon on the beach. I needed convincing the plants of the sea were edible and delicious! You succeeded and I now have the confidence to use seaweed in my cooking. It was a lovely group of people on the forage which was fun. Extra special to carry on discussing the topic over a leisurely lavish tea.
- I just wanted to say on behalf of myself and the other hens a massive thank you! We had such a memorable day - yourself and Giles made it extra, extra special and we loved every minute of it. It was such a special setting and the weather held out for us too - and the OYSTERS!!!
- Thank you for a truly wonderful day. Foraging on the ancient meadow is something I shall never forget. Looking down and realising that these tiny treasures are by our feet. I don't know what I expected of the day really, but it was so much more than I could have hoped for. Thank you. On that happy note could I book 2 people onto the 18 July please? (Shelley Owers).
- Thank you for the wonderful and magical day we spent with you on saturday. Your cooking is ever delicious and inspiring and I know we all really enjoyed ourselves. Looking forward to seeing you in August and the Sea Buckthorn Day when I know we will have further adventures. (Valerie Kernick)
- Thank you for another wonderful foraging day and a delicious lunch. The seaweed has been such a success, I dried some in the oven using the same method that I use for meringues by putting them in a medium hot oven for about 10 minutes and then turning down the heat to 80C, whilstkeeping a close eye in things. It has worked a treat. I pickled some seaweed with ginger as well, It looks beautiful and I hope it will taste as good.
- We had a great time Lucia. Really fantastic. Kids enjoyed it as well which is always a bonus. The oysters were delicious. Had them with some shallots and vinegar. Sam cooked hers into a steak and oyster pie which sounds delicious. Can't believe Julian found 3 pearls!! What an amazing find. Mark Sawyer, April.
- On Monday I made an journey down to Deal in Kent, to attend a wild food foraging workshop with Lucia Stuart of The Wild Kitchen. She took us onto a wild and blustery beach were she showed us jewel-like seaweeds which can be eaten either raw or cooked. Then we investigated absolutely delicious foods like sea-purslane which tasted like capers - right off the bush! We collected wild marshmallow and sea beet which Lucia told us was brought to our shores by the enterprising Romans. Later, we went back to Lucia's rather fabulous house and had a Mad Hatters Tea Party with mallow and eggs, sea-weed bread rolls, divine cooked sea-beet, lavender scones with elderflower and rhubard jam, and much much more. Lucia runs regular workshops from The Wild Kitchen, and they are great fun. You leave feeling very full and satisfied with the surprising deliciousness of wild foods foraged for free! Jo Dunbar(Botanicamedica.co.uk)
- Lucia Thank you for such a lovely day. I learnt such a lot and was blown away by the amount of wild seafood on offer. The group were lovely and I felt we all gelled and this added to the enjoyment of the day. A really nice group of people. The discovery of pearls in my oyster was an added bonus and something I didn't expect. Quite surreal. The kind of things ones dreams are made of. I actually found three more very small pearls in the oysters I opened at home. I ate all the oysters raw as I opened them and cooked the mussels the way you suggested. I have dried the seaweed and have yet to try any. I will take a picture of the pearls soon and email you a copy. (Suzanne Earl)
- Dear Lucia, Truly wonderful experience yesterday, thank you, I am still buzzing!! After posted it on facebook and it looks like one friend might be joining next time. Been sorting, picking, washing my berries, leaves, etc. Even made a dish for my husband last night using some of the ingredients…in a pre meal digestive. The leaves are great in salad as you probably know.
- Hi Lucia, mom and I so enjoyed last week, mom said it was so perfect she thought her heart would burst....how lovely eh! Ashlie Love, May 2014
- Well vases and pots filled x taste buds full ... Note book exploding and new friends made x Thank you x A wonderful day x Debbie and Simon x ….
- When I got home I made wild garlic pesto, wild garlic oil and violet sugar. Had some of the wild garlic in an omelet tonight and we both loved it. I am looking forward to trying some of the recipes in your book particularly the lemonade and lavender biscuits and will have to try some of the recipes using nettles too.
- Thanks Lucia.. Another great day.. I made Oyster and Mussel Risotto on Sunday - most excellent..!
- Anna and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and have been singing your praises to all our friends here in Lewisham....you may find yourself inundated with foragers from Catford! I now can't wait for our shellfish forage and picnic in June. I am thinking of bringing my mum along for a forage day for her birthday - probably smugglers and samphire in July but I will confirm with you asap. Many thanks again - it exceeded my expectations and you may be interested to hear we had pasta and wild garlic pesto for tea last night which was devoured by all! Laura.